It can be difficult to achieve intended cloud targets. Organizations with cloud-first strategies may be running into additional challenges as cloud services and environments become more complex.
Gartner writes that organizations should shift their approach from cloud first to cloud smart.
“The dynamic nature of cloud requires organizations to shift their approach from cloud first, which prioritizes cloud adoption and legacy modernization above other considerations, to cloud smart, which balances cloud adoption with the organization’s unique circumstances and goals, and business value.”1
In fact, Gartner states that “by 2023, more than 60% of organizations that have adopted a cloud-first strategy will replace it with a cloud-smart strategy.”
We believe the report tells you how to:
- Close the gap between cloud expectations and reality
- Create an automated governance strategy
- Establish a Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE)
- Get cloud-smart “FEVER”: Faster, Easier, Valuable, Efficient, and Repeat
- Focus on Simplicity with KISS (Keep It Simple and Safe)
- Reflect your organization’s unique context and cloud realities
1 Gartner, Move From Cloud First to Cloud Smart to Improve Cloud Journey Success, Henrique Cecci, 25 February 2020.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.